Chloride Half-Cell Ion Selective Electrode (ISE) - HI4007
80 126,21 Lekë
The HI4007 is a solid state, half-cell ion selective electrode (ISE) for the determination of chloride (Cl-) in solution. The silver chloride sensing pellet produces a potential change due to the chloride ion exchange between the inorganic pellet membrane and the sample. The internal sensing elements are housed within an epoxy body. The HI4007 is ideal for a variety of applications in food and beverages, agriculture, and water treatment.
- Solid state sensor
- Detection from 1.8 to 35,500 mg/L Cl-
- For use with HI5315 reference half-cell
The HI4007 chloride ion selective electrode is a potentiometric half-cell sensor housed within an epoxy body. The internal elements are isolated from the sample by a compressed silver chloride sensing membrane. This solid state sensor requires a separate reference electrode to complete the measurement system.
moles/L (M) to ppm (mg/L)
3.500 x 104
ppm (mg/L) to M (moles/L)
2.857 x 10
Fixed Sensing Modules
- Solid state half-cell ISEs are electrodes that detect free ions in a solution. The highly insoluble, compressed sensing pellet is attached to the HI4007 chloride half-cell by a fixed sensing module for ease of use.
Durable Epoxy Body
- The probe body of the chloride half-cell ISE is composed of durable epoxy resin.
- The HI4007 has a universal BNC connector for easy connection to any benchtop meter with a female BNC probe input.
Theory of OperationA solid state sensor electrode develops a voltage due to the ion exchange that occurs between the solution and the inorganic membrane. An equilibrium occurs due to the highly limited solubility of the membrane material in the sample. When the ionic strength of the solution is fixed by the addition of ISA, the voltage is proportional to the concentration of free ions in solution.
|Type||solid state; half-cell|
|Measurement Range||1M to 5•10-5M 35500 to 1.8 mg/L (ppm)|
|Optimum pH Range||2 to 11|
|Temperature Range||0 to 80°C|
|Cable||1 m coaxial|
|Common Applications||determination of free chloride ions in emulsified food products, beverages, plants, soils and as an indicator for titration|