Iodide Half-Cell Ion Selective Electrode (ISE) - HI4011
80 126,21 Lekë
The HI4011 is a solid state, iodide half-cell ion selective electrode (ISE) for the determination of iodide (I-) in solution. The silver iodide sensing pellet produces a potential change due to the iodide ion exchange between the inorganic pellet membrane and the sample. The internal sensing elements are housed within a durable epoxy body. The HI4011 is ideal for a variety of applications in food production and environmental monitoring.
- Solid state sensor
- Detection from 0.01 to 127,000 mg/L I-
- For use with HI5315 reference half-cell
The HI4011 iodide selective electrode is a potentiometric half-cell sensor housed within an epoxy body. The internal elements are isolated from the sample by a compressed silver iodide sensing membrane. This solid-state sensor requires a separate reference electrode to complete the measurement system.
moles/L (M) to ppm (mg/L)
1.269 x 105
ppm (mg/L) to M (moles/L)
7.88 x 10-6
Fixed Sensing Modules
- Solid-state half-cell ISEs are electrodes that detect free ions in a solution. The highly insoluble, compressed sensing pellet is attached to the HI4011 iodide half-cell by a fixed sensing module for ease of use.
Durable Epoxy Body
- The probe body of the iodide half-cell is composed of durable epoxy resin.
- The HI4011 has a universal BNC connector for easy connection to any benchtop meter with a female BNC probe input.
Theory of OperationA solid-state sensor electrode develops a voltage due to the ion exchange that occurs between the solution and the inorganic membrane. An equilibrium occurs due to the highly limited solubility of the membrane material in the sample. When the ionic strength of the solution is fixed by the addition of ISA, the voltage is proportional to the concentration of free ions in solution.
|Type||solid state; half-cell|
|Measurement Range||1M to 1•10-7M 127000 to 0.01 mg/L (ppm)|
|Optimum pH Range||2 to 13|
|Temperature Range||0 to 80°C|
|Cable||1 m coaxial|
|Common Applications||determination of free iodide ions in emulsified food samples (iodized table salt), plants and for titration|