Saltwater Nitrate Low Range Checker® HC - HI781
- Easier to use and more accurate than chemical test kits.
- One-button operation makes getting your nitrate results simple.
- Great for saltwater aquariums.
The HI781 Checker®HC (Handheld Colorimeter) is a simple, accurate, and cost-effective way to measure nitrate in your saltwater aquarium. Nitrate is a by-product of the Nitrogen cycle. Excessive amounts of nitrates in a reef aquarium can promote the growth of undesirable organisms including algae and dinoflagellates while insufficient amounts can lead to starvation in which SPS and other corals will show signs including the loss of color and paleness. The HI781 Nitrate Checker HC is a handheld colorimeter that uses the Beer-Lambert principle to determine the concentration of nitrate colorimetrically. The HI781 is designed specifically to measure low levels of nitrate in a saltwater aquarium.
- For use with saltwater samples.
- More accurate than chemical test kits.
- Dedicated to a single parameter.
- Small size, big convenience.
- No errors with a digital readout.
- Ideal for aquariums and marine biology applications.
|Range||0.00 to 5.00 ppm (mg/L) NO₃-|
|Accuracy @ 25°C/77°F||±0.25 ppm ±2% of reading|
|Light Source||LED @ 525 nm|
|Light Detector||silicon photocell|
|Method||zinc reduction method|
|Auto-off||after ten minutes of non-use|
|Environment||0 to 50°C (32 to 122°F); RH max 95% non-condensing|
|Battery Type||(1) 1.5V AAA|
|Ordering Information||HI781 Checker HC is supplied with sample cuvettes with caps (2), nitrate reagent starter kit (reagents for 25 tests), filter holder, 10 mL syringe, 5 mL syringe with tip, mixing vial with cap, battery, and instructions.|
|Accessories||HI781-25 Reagent set for 25 tests HI781-11 Calibration set|